In-Building Wireless for Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs)
In today’s always-on economy, providing Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs) such as apartments, condos or dominium with seamless wireless coverage and capacity is just as important as power, water and heating/air conditioning. Now-a-days, in-building wireless is referred to as the “forth utility”.
Users expect their mobile devices to have “full bar” connections anywhere at any time to talk, text, browse the internet and stream videos.
Retain and Attract New Residents
According to the Federal Communications Commission, nearly 40% of U.S. households now have no landline phone. Residents now rely on their mobile phones for everything. Being cut off in the middle of a call or losing connection during the last minute of a sporting event can just be the tipping point to drive a permanent resident to hunt for a new apartment.
Mobile connections is one of the key deciding factors for residents or tenants to choose where to live.
Dali Wireless digital Distributed Antenna System (DAS) delivers integration, scalability and low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through a future-ready platform that can help MDUs keep current residents satisfied and attract new ones as well.
With Dali’s all-digital solution, key features include:
- Supports multi-operators and multi-frequency bands; and is technologies-agnostic (2G, 3G, 4G, and is 5G ready)
- Ease of installation and decrease deployment time and cost
- Supports cellular and Wi-Fi with a single integrated network; IP devices such as security cameras can be added to the same network infrastructure in a plug-and-play fashion
- Can utilized existing GPON infrastructure to not only deliver triple-play services, but cellular and wireless coverage over the same infrastructure
- Additional mobile operators, IP devices and wireless coverage and capacity can be added incrementally without changes to the existing distribution network and without service interruption
- Retain current residents and attract new ones by offering cutting-edge wireless technology
- Enhance Multi-Dwelling Unit’s brand and generate greater revenue opportunities with premium rents
- Maximizing investment by future-proofing the in-building wireless system
- Increase operations efficiency by having an integrated solution for cellular, Wi-Fi and triple-play services